Where Can I Find Orthodontics In Topeka KS?
Our team at Holden L. Correll Family Dentistry specialize in providing patients with the best dental and orthodontic care available including braces in Topeka KS. If you are ready to receive a beautiful and healthier smile, Dr. Correll and our friendly staff are more then happy to help. Find out why you should schedule a free consultation at Holden L. Correll Family Dentistry today!
What Does An Orthodontist Do?
Orthodontists are proficient in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of orthodontic problems. Their professional lives are dedicated to creating healthy, beautiful smiles for children, teens, and adults. Although straighter teeth are often desired for cosmetic purposes, they increase the functionality of biting, chewing, and speech. Orthodontic care is often part of a comprehensive oral health plan designed by an orthodontist near Topeka KS.
How Does A Topeka Orthodontist Provide Straighter Teeth?
Orthodontists use a variety of dental appliances to gradually shift teeth into their new positions. Because of advanced education and clinical experience, orthodontists have the knowledge and skills necessary to recommend the best kind of treatment for each patient. An orthodontist in Thompsonville will provide straighter teeth using methods such as:
- Braces – The combination of brackets, archwires, and elastics are applied to gently shift teeth into proper alignment. Braces are available with the option of metal or ceramic brackets, for a more discreet appearance.
- Invisalign – The Invisalign system consists of clear aligner trays made of smooth and lightweight thermoplastic. Clear aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which makes them a popular option for many patients.
- Invisalign Teen – Invisalign Teen works the same way as adult Invisalign, except they feature a hidden indicator that shows an orthodontist if the clear aligners are being worn as prescribed to achieve the desired results.
What Are The Benefits Of Visiting An Orthodontist?
Regular orthodontist visits help maintain the look and health of your teeth. During an orthodontist visit, teeth are cleaned to remove any tartar or plaque that has built up. We also provide great tips for how to keep your teeth healthy by addressing any specific problem areas that are present in your mouth. These professional cleanings go above and beyond what you are able to do at home with a regular toothbrush and floss. Infections and cavities are very common for those who do not visit an orthodontist on a regular basis. Cavities are painful and dangerous to the rest of your body, while gum disease is considered the number one cause of tooth loss in adults. If you are attending your regular checkups, then you may be able to prevent, treat, and even reverse any gum disease that you have as well as prevent future cavities from arising. Visiting an orthodontist on a regular basis helps patients avoid serious health problems and a lot of pain.
What Are Signs I Need To See An Orthodontist?
If you have straight teeth, you may still need to see an orthodontist because only they can detect dental issues that are not obvious or visible at the moment. Some indicators that you may need to see an orthodontist include:
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Abnormal bite
- Misaligned jaws
- Misplaced or crowded teeth
- Thumb sucking
- Mouth breathing
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Unbalanced facial appearance
- Premature or delayed loss of baby teeth
Finding An Orthodontist Topeka KS
In conclusion, Dr. Correll and our team at Holden L. Correll Family Dentistry are experts in orthodontic treatment. We are here to answer any concerns or questions you may have regarding an orthodontist in Topeka KS. Contact Holden L. Correll Family Dentistry to schedule a free consultation today. Call now